Kitchen Soak Tanks are used in commercial kitchens and bakeries to remove stubborn carbon, fat and grease deposits from cookware and other kitchen utensils. When our heated tanks are used in combination with our KST Cleaning Powder, it provides for effortless cleaning without labour intensive scrubbing and harsh caustic chemicals.
This proven cleaning process has fast become a restaurant necessity worldwide. For not only is this process very efficient, cost effective and safe to operate; it’s simple and takes next to no time to have your cooking equipment and hood filters looking like new again.
If you’re seeking to obtain meaningful cost savings by reducing utility bills, increasing productivity and reducing kitchen overheads, we provide an inexpensive, fast and safer method to minimize your time spent on kitchen wash-ups… we have the answer.
What is a Soak Tank?
Kitchen soak tanks are manufactured from 304 grade stainless steel. Each power operated self-contained tank is double skinned, fully insulated and is equipped with its own illuminated digital controlled thermostat. The tanks include:
- Waterproof heating elements are located inside the tanks cleaning solution for faster heating efficiencies.
- Tanks lids are provided with built in safety latches to avoid injuries;
- Tanks are easy to move around and have lockable castors.
- With accessible drainage valves, the tank contents can be easily emptied into a nearby floor drain.
- Require no additional plumbing or electrical hard-wiring to operate.
Let the Soak Tank do the dirty work
Our deep cleaning detergents will get the job done every time. When combined with hot water, it becomes a very cost effective and active cleaning agent. A short soak in this liquid at a controlled temperature of around 85C/185F, will de-grease and remove the most stubborn types of carbon, fat and grease build ups commonly found on cooking and baking equipment.
Our system is both safe and hygienic while being nontoxic, non-corrosive and environmentally friendly. The end result being your cooking equipment will always be clean, sanitized and ready. We recommend the chemical contents of each tank should be replaced with new detergent every 30 days.
- Removes stubborn carbon, fat and baked on grease.
- Cleans stainless steel, chrome, iron and aluminum items.
- Assists in removing crockery stains and cleaning fine metals.
- Cleans hotplates and grills more efficiently.
- Will not corrode or damage the underlying metal.
- Amazing new KST cleaning powder/detergent available
- Save dollars and clean your own oven hood filters in minutes.
- Cut costs with meaningful savings on hot water usage & power
- Minimize and/or eliminate staff wash-up times
- An affordable range of new Café tank sizes available for purchase – 110 & 240 volts
- Tanks fit under standard commercial kitchen counters
- Custom built tank sizes, metric or American can be manufactured for purchase
- Easy third party financing available
- Excellent ROI from tank purchases
- Second hand tanks are available for purchase – 240 volts
- Monthly tank rentals available includes cleaning powder & servicing – 240 volts
- Tanks need to be refilled once per month, making it possible for your kitchen to use as little as 180 litres or 48 gallons of water per month in a standard size café tank
- Widely used by better hotels, resorts, clubs, restaurants and bakeries
Regular use of Kitchen Soak Tanks will result in your kitchen equipment lasting longer, performing better, be far cleaner and always ready for use when needed. Ideally suited for:
- Pots & pans
- Grills & hot plates
- Baking trays & racks
- Deep fryer baskets
- Gas rings & oven tops
- Bread straps
- Stained crockery
- Safe for aluminum items
Clean Filters Reduce Fire Risk
Exhaust filters should be cleaned on a regular basis to reduce the ever present threat of a kitchen fire. In many jurisdictions this is monitored by the fire department as well as having to comply with local health regulations. For not only do they duct away cooking grease and odours they also provide for a much cooler working environment.
With a soak tank this cleaning chore becomes ever so easy and you can clean the exhaust filters as needed.
Simply immerse filters in the tank for a few minutes or so and out they come looking like new. It couldn’t be easier and better still; no outside cleaning contractors are involved either!
Renting Versus Purchasing A Kitchen Soak Tank
|SOAK TANK||NEW OR USED||NEW SOAK TANK|
|COST||NO UP FRONT COSTS||FIXED PRICE|
|MONTHLY RENTAL ONLY||FIXED PRICE NO HIDDEN FEES|
|INITIAL 12 MONTH||BILL OF SALE|
|WARRANTY||FULL WARRANTY INCLUDED||FIXED TERM WARRANTY INCLUDED|
|PARTS AND LABOUR FOR THE LIFE OF THE RENTAL.
ANY STRUCTURAL DAMAGE CAUSED BY MISUSE WILL BE AT LEASEE EXPENSE
|TWO YEAR STRUCTUAL WARRANTY AND A ONE YEAR WARRANTY ON PARTS & LABOR
ANY STRUCTURAL DAMAGE CAUSED BY MISUSE WILL VOID WARRANTY
|CLEANING DETERGENT||INCLUDED IN MONTHLY RENTAL||A 24 MONTH SUPPLY COMMITMENT IS REQUIRED UPON PURCHASE|
|TRAINING||PROVIDED IN ADDITION TO TRAINING VIDEO||TRAINING VIDEO PROVIDED|
|OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS PROVIDED ON KST WEBSITE||OWNERS MANUAL SUPPLIED PLUS OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS ON KST WEBSITE|
|CUSTOMER SERVICE||COMPANY TECHS AVAILABLE EX GOLD COAST||WORLD WIDE CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE FOR ASSISTANCE|
|COMPANY PROVIDES ON GOING PHONE/EMAIL SUPPORT.||COMPANY PROVIDE ON GOING PHONE & EMAIL SUPPORT|
WHAT DO I DO – RENT OR PURCHASE?
The life expectancy of a new soak tank would range anywhere between 10 to 12 years and perhaps even beyond. At Kitchen Soak Tanks we have numerous tanks out on lease where some of the tanks ages are in excess of 10 years.
The decision to either buy or rent essentially comes down to motivation and a desire to realize value for money.
RENT – South East Queensland Only
Globally most tank rental charges will range anywhere between US $225 through to US $350 per month, relative to the size of the tank selected
Typically rental agreements will include servicing together with a monthly supply of KST cleaning powder. By way of example, assume the average rental for a Large Cafe 230 liter or 61gallon tank is $300 per month; your outlay would be US $3,600 over the course of the year.
PURCHASE – Globally
Price is directly relevant to the size tank being purchased. Prices can range from US $3,850 through to US $5,500 plus government charges on normal stock lines. Special custom built tanks (for bakeries etc.) may be more.
Soak Tank cleaning powder must also be considered. Our KST cleaning powder is currently available in 10 kg and or 22 lb bucket.
- A mix ratio of 1 kg of powder is recommended for each 60 litres of soak tank water
- A mix ratio of US 2 lbs of powder is recommended for each 15 gallons of soak tank water
Powder prices per box may vary a little depending on location. As a guide:
- Within Australia and New Zealand the purchase price presently is AUS $42.35 per 10kg bucket.
- Within North America the purchase price is approximately US $34 per 22 lb bucket.
Parts and labour charges would be minimal as there is very little that can go wrong with these tanks; other than maybe having to replace a heating element perhaps every 5 years or so.
With US $4,000 to $5000 being the average price range for a tank, combined with a minimum 10 year life expectancy, the depreciated value of a US $4,500 tank over a:
- 10 year term would be $4,500/10 years = $450 annually.
- 15 year term would be $4,500/15 years = $300 annually.
Obviously any depreciation allowance on business equipment would only be available to owners residing in jurisdictions where it is permissible under local tax laws.
Other than normal operating costs for power and water, outlays in owning a Kitchen Soak Tank plus regular supply of cleaning detergent would be:
Over a 10 year term – US $4,500 Purchase price + finance charges (if any) + 12 months x 10 years x $17 per box (detergent supply) = $2,040 or all up $6,540 less depreciation
- Renting a tank over 10 years would be $300 per month(example) x 12 months x 10 years = $36,000 minimum
- Purchasing a tank = $4,500 (example) less depreciation allowance + detergent costs
- Financing a purchase = $4,500 (example) + finance charges less depreciation allowances + detergent costs
Clearly purchasing is a far better option and a far cheaper way to go. Also it would be unrealistic to expect rental fees not to rise over a 10 year period